What our Functional Nutrition Training will do for you
SYSTEMS + TOOLS
ART OF COUNSELING
Who our Functional Nutrition Training Program is For
- Get better outcomes with those “tough to reach” clients that have been challenging in the past
- Effectively address the modern-day overload of burdens on the body due to lifestyle imbalances
- Work with bioindividuality and get patient-centered results
- Go beyond ‘weight-loss’ and get real results that will make you stand out in the field
- Gain confidence working with more complex cases, knowing that you have a system that transcends one-size-fits-all protocols
- learn the secrets to client compliance, even for the most resistant cases
Aspiring Nutrition Counselors
- Take your passion for ‘food as medicine’ and turn it into a career
- Learn how food interacts with the unique biology of your clients, so you can make recommendations to suit each individual’s needs
- Learn the secrets to client compliance, even for the most resistant cases
What’s Included in our Online Training Program
Live Q&A’s with Andrea72-hour Q+A sessions with founder, teacher, and Functional Medicine Nutritionist Andrea Nakayama where you'll get real mentorship with pressing questions answered in real time
Live Q&A’s with FxNA Nutrition team13 live 60-minute Q+A sessions with two nutritionists on Andrea’s clinical team where you'll discover exactly how to apply the course content to get real results in your practice
24/7 message board accessDaily access to a dedicated Message Board where you can ask your questions at any time, receive regular support and answers to your most challenging questions between classes (and search the immense database of conversations from years past to learn from previous courses). It's a second classroom and like a Functional Nutrition Google for your practice!
Workshop sessions for practice with other students12 60-minute Workshop Sessions to practice what you’re learning in class and connect with the community
Done-For-You ProtocolsDone-4-You Protocols detailing Andrea’s clinical favorites for select conditions
Functional Nutrition ToolkitImages, outlines, handouts, resource articles and more materials that you can use to solidify the information discussed in class and help explain things in your own practice!
Diagrams, Articles, and VideosThe tools that Andrea's team actually uses in her Clinic at the Functional Nutrition Alliance
Recommended reading lists‘What’s On My Shelf’ reading list to further your studies outside the virtual classroom with Andrea’s favorite resources
2nd year of class included!You get your seat in Full Body Systems for 2 years, giving you live support and mentorship through the entire course twice!
5 Custom bonus sessionsBonus sessions designed by Andrea on key issues of interest to the community no matter your scope (from kids' immunity to tactics on completing a Client Action Form to working with serum lab values)
Interviews with 45 health and medical expertsOver 45 Guest Health & Medical Expert Interviews (with experts in the field that you know, love or have yet to meet but Andrea can’t wait to introduce you to)
Lifetime access to materialsYou also have lifetime access to all the course materials
Once you complete your training and pass the certification exams, you will be certified as a Functional Nutrition Alliance Certified Functional Nutrition Counselor (CFNC). Benefits of Our Certification
Full Body Systems is accredited by the American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP)
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS
Participation in the Full Body Systems will grant you 60 Category 1 CEUs with the National Association of Nutrition Professionals and the Holistic Nurses Association.
Put Functional Nutrition to work for you and become the future of healthcare
How our training program works
Career Opportunities for our Functional Nutrition Counselors
are nutrition counselorsOffer one-on-one Functional Nutrition counseling to the population they’re most eager to serve. Some people work in person, and others work entirely online.
teach and lead programsGet paid to speak and teach classes and deliver online programs
Consistently receive referrals from other practitionersClinicians (including MDs) send referrals to our graduates, because Functional Nutrition Counselors fill a crucial GAP in healthcare
focus exclusively on diet & lifestyle ...Speak solely to diet & lifestyle modification in their practice
added nutrition to their existing practiceChoose to add Functional Nutrition to their existing practices in bodywork, holistic cooking or other healing modalities such as acupuncture, naturopathy, herbalism, coaching and many other forms of natural health
partner with doctors and other practitionersWork in partnership with other practitioners, including some of the most esteemed Functional Medicine practices
Full Body Systems Pricing Information
I am offering all of this to you for:
enroll in full body systems today
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Functional Nutrition Lab?
Functional Nutrition Lab is a school that offers in-depth Functional Nutrition training for health providers of all levels. Full Body Systems, our nutrition immersion program skillfully blends the art of practice with the science of nutrition. Functional Nutrition Lab was created by Functional Medicine Nutritionist Andrea Nakayama to help coaches and practitioners achieve the same clinical and business success that she has had. The curriculum is designed to give you all the skills you need to help anyone, no matter their signs, symptoms, or diagnosis.
How does Functional Nutrition Lab differ from other Functional Medicine and nutrition training programs?
Functional Nutrition Lab differs from other Functional Medicine and nutrition trainings in several ways. In many other trainings, there’s a focus on the theoretical. What Andrea is able to do, after working with hundreds of clients and thousands of class participants, is translate the theoretical into the practical. She wants you to have the clinical and business success that she has had, so she teaches you how to implement your knowledge to truly help people get well.
Full Body Systems is the only training program that teaches the following 4 key skills in building a thriving Functional Nutrition practice:
- The art of connection: Learn how to create rapport and connection with your client, how to ask the right questions to find the root cause of their health issues, and tap into their motivations. Both your client compliance and clinical success will skyrocket.
- In-depth anatomy and physiology through the lens of food and nutrition: How does food meet physiology? Food meets physiology differently in each of us because none of us are the same as any other. FNL teaches you to see what others cannot see—what’s going on in the unique body of your particular client.
- Integrating your client’s unique physiology into their healing protocol: How to take the knowledge gained about the unique physiology of your client, along with his/her unique motivations (learned from the art of connection), to create individualized nutrition plans for your clients and patients that they will actually follow.
- How to gain the respect of your client’s medical team: Work in tandem with physicians and other medical professionals, and become a true partner and advocate for your client.
Above all else, the support and mentorship provided by Andrea and her team are one of a kind. They guide you through case studies and answer your toughest questions so you can practice with confidence.
Will I receive continuing education units (CEUs) upon completion of the Full Body Systems Nutrition Training Program?
By completing FBS, you can earn up to 60 category 1 continuing education units with the National Association of Nutrition Professionals (NANP) by passing an online test at the completion of class.
Will I be able to start practicing after completing Full Body Systems?
Functional Nutrition Lab is not a licensing body, and licensing laws vary by state and country. If you can legally practice as a health coach or other health practitioner, Full Body Systems is the best next step for learning how to practice confidently and effectively. Andrea is a stand for putting this information into practice because she knows the best practitioners are created that way. We encourage you to get started, even if it’s just one test client.
We continue to see graduates of Full Body Systems create successful practices based on what they’ve learned here. FBS has given them the tools and the confidence to fulfill their dreams of really helping people.
And if you’re located in the United States, here’s a resource that will help you figure out the laws where you live.
Will Full Body Systems help me grow my business?
Full Body Systems has been the pivotal training for many practitioners who want to grow their nutrition businesses. Upon completion of this nutrition immersion program, you will have both the clinical and people skills to grow your business by referral.
People want to get better, and when you’re able to solve cases that others found unsolvable, the referrals will likely begin to pour in.
Full Body Systems is not a business program per se, but we teach practitioners to grow their business the old fashioned way: by doing great work that gets people talking.
This training will help you build a thriving business—one where your clients become raving fans and you become known as the go-to practitioner.
Watch the video of the Full Body Systems Graduate Success Panel where one of our Full Body Systems graduates and Andrea discuss the trajectory of their holistic health practice over the last year.
What is Andrea Nakayama’s background and training?
Andrea’s education includes the following:
- Certified Nutrition Educator (CNE) and Certified Nutrition Counselor (CNC)
- Certified Holistic Health Coach (CHHC)
- Masters of Human Nutrition & Functional Medicine
- Select Institute of Functional Medicine training programs and modules
- Continuing education in areas of specialty such as thyroid disorder, autoimmunity, and Functional lab diagnostics
Andrea is the very first Functional Nutrition & Lifestyle Practitioner (FNLP) and has created the certifying body for this credential.
Accolades of Note:
- Winner 2015 National Association of Nutrition Professionals (NANP) Impact award.
- Winner 2016 NANP Service Award for her leadership in the field of nutrition.
- Nominated for 2017 Evolution of Medicine Top Educator award.
- Nominated for 2018 Evolution of Medicine Top Educator award.
- Winner 2018 Evolution of Medicine Media of the Year award for the 15-Minute Matrix podcast.
Andrea has been featured in Oprah’s O Magazine, Martha Stewart’s Whole Living, has made regular contributions to Experience Life Magazine, and numerous online conferences including Sean Croxton’s Second Opinion Series, where she is a crowd favorite. She was also a co-producer of the Hashimoto’s Institute Summit and practitioner training program.
Andrea is now regularly consulted as the nutrition expert on the medical teams for the toughest clinical cases in the practices of world-renowned doctors.
Are there any payment options?
Please connect with an Admissions Advisor here to discuss payment options.
What is the return policy?
You may withdraw from the Full Body Systems course for any reason within 14 days of class starting, and request a full refund of the course tuition already paid. See the refund policy for more details.